Pages

Monday, September 07, 2009

Gaston is 3!

Wow.. can you believe that? My (once) little boy is now capable for (nearly) everything and to have a (quasi) serious discussion with the adults! The little pre-schooler starts his french education last thursday. Fortunately, I had the chance to send him for some 'warm-up' school 'camp' in Taiwan, so we were not so emotional for this huge event. His language is also booming in both mandarin and french. Funny thing is, he can't understand when his parents are speaking english (which we've never use to talk to him directly since birth), though he demands each time what we were talking about.

Since july, Gaston always wanted a big fire engine. Probably he's seen an ad when we were in Taiwan. This coincides well during his final potty training (yes! we really did it this time) and I promised that I would find him one when returning to France (only sillies will buy a huge one and carry it all the way during the 24-hr trip). His dad suggests the fire engine from Playmobil, saying that it's THE toy to have for everyone's childhood (not mine, obviously). We made a chocolate cake (from the Cadbury recipe book that Carolyn gave me) and I decorated it into a 'super star' style plus some arty calligraphy. Ta-Da!!

Although Gaston was more interested in the smarties on the cake at first, he later realised the how super his gift is. But dear me! This thing is complicate... Only one hour later did papa finish assemble all the small parts... Pin-pon pin-pon here it comes..

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

Auuugh! How did I miss this post??? I am laughing in my head at the metal picture of Germaine assembling the train hahahahahahahaha. Was it Germaine with the spanner and bolt on the radiator that time in England or is my memory deserting me?
Oh, congratulations on the toilet training btw!