Pages

Friday, May 08, 2009

He-Li is the jasmine celebration

(I didn't forget my promise to tell you the inspiration I had for Rosalie's chinese name.)

Besides rose, jasmin is the other queen flower for perfumery. Since Rosalie's french name originates from rose, her chinese counterpart has of course to use this little gracious white flower from the East (Muo-Li). The jasmine celebrates, with its fragrance and purity, the arrivals of the warmth, the sunshine, and our little Rosalie.

小小花當然名字裡要有花, 所以法文是玫瑰, 中文就是茉莉了. "茉莉的祝賀", 這小巧香氣濃郁的白花, 來祝賀小Rosalie的誕生.

Here's a famous folk song of jasmine flower (also adapted by Puccini in his Turandot) to end my story telling...
(in the video, it's sung by the Vienna Boys' Choir- you have to wait a bit for Gaston's version, though.)




(source in english wikipedia.. )
(figurative translation)
Flower of jasmine, oh so fair!
Flower of jasmine, oh so fair!
Budding and blooming here and there,
Pure and fragrant all declare.
Let me take you with tender care,
Your sweetness for all to share.
Jasmine fair, oh jasmine fair.

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

Are those Viennese boys singing in chinese??????? Very cool. And oh your girl is growing so fast. I hope she will still fit her cardigan when I finish it!!!!! She is so beautiful indeed!