December has been a complete up and down chaos for me. First, I need to rush things up before my contract ends 2 days after coming back from new year holidays. (It turns out, due to some admin complexity, I had to interrupt my two contracts (ie I will be on 'chômage' rather than 'congé') thanks to the arrival of new ouistiti no.2.) Then, I have to prepare for tutoring the master students early next year (when I will not be employed!) Some leftover and new experiments to carry out before I wont have the 'offical' rights to enter laboratories (and how will I tutor my poor student?! )...... Think on the bright side, I will have a slightly longer vacation (ehh, depends how one defines that) than originally planned. As for the dark side, well, it's definitely not the right time to groan too much during this holiday season!! Ho ho ho!
(to answer Arizaphale's puzzlement) My first article on pop science has been selected for the finalists in the 'Scientific Writing Competition' in Taiwan. There will be a red carpet ceremony and I was asked to prepare for a short speech, if I got awarded. How embarrassing! Thankfully, I am in the kingdom of far-far-far-away and too pregnant to travel again. I will update you the results once it's out.
Happy Holidays Everyone!
1 comment:
oooo boy, your work arrangements are complicated! But you are OBVIOUSLY well thought of and in great demand and your masters students will appreciate you greatly! As for award ceremonies!!!!!! How exciting!!! I am soooo proud of my friend Chin Chin! All this and a mommy too????
Bonne fete mon amies. (hope I got that right)
Post a Comment