Pages

Monday, July 24, 2006

Pour ma chère Carolyn

Sorry for the english readers! When I said this is a tri-(multi-)lingual blog, I actually meant that the language I would use strongly depends on which part of the brain cells were functioning at the time of writing. However, since there is an international request, I shall make an effort to translate (or similar)* what I said.

*For those bilinguals, you will realise this is obviously not a good practice a faithful interpreter would do.
-------------------------------------
Although this is not the ‘Strike Season’ (oh, yes! There is a season for that, which is normally from October to November, right after people coming back from their 2 month holidays, and it’s normally a Tuesday.), french surgeons, anaesthetists, and obstetricians are taking their turn for a hot summer strike. Why? They feel they've been exploited, bien sûr.

As far as I understand, the main reason started from the much-increased compulsory insurance fee they have to pay each year to cover medical lawsuits, if any, from their high risk jobs. They are definitely not happy about the 40% of their revenue to be taken away by some monopoly insurance company to pay for the stupidities (or some unavoidable accidents) by the others. What can they do? Alors! Let’s solve this by the French way: Go on strike!

The most paradoxical thing among this event is that apparently you could still be seen by some if you unluckily fell ill during this heat wave. The government has some sort of last lifeline that can enforce certain doctors to come to work even if they are on strike. According to my anaesthetist, they will still work much more relaxed even if this is the case. But how does this work? Does that mean I need to know the Prefets if my water breaks? Who should I speak to if there are no doctors around to carry out a caesarean? I shrug my shoulders as the French would do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nan-Chin and Germain. This is Nancy, your cousin in California. Your dad gave my dad your blog site. Here's my site if you should be interested in reading what Garrett and I are up to these days: www.xanga.com/twolims

I look forward to reading about you. Oh, and congratulations on your baby!! We are certainly not ready to have one yet. =P

chinchin said...

Hello~ welcome!

Leave us messages/comments once a while... (so I won't forget to update it.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy and Nan Chin!! I think I met you in Southampton Nancy when you came to stay with Nan Chin? I think you bought teddy bears with chinese characters on their jumpers...or did I imagine that???

Thank you for the translation NC. Quelle dilemma!!!! Just DON't go into labour yet please.
Glad you like my diva dress ;). I am very chubby as you see. Lots of thighs and tummy there and no baby for an excuse!!!!!! Still we had fun and it is nice to dress up. Diet tomorrow.

chinchin said...

Yes! Yes! What a memory! You are absolutely right, Carolyn! And even the bear with a chinese character! Bravo!

After a solid one week rest, my uterus has become rather relaxed now. So, I went to buy three classical, ultra calming, inner harmony CDs at the FNAC to replace some revolutional musicals (les Mes, Martin Guerre, Chicago..) I was listening. (And now that the World Cup has finished, he won't be listening to any more horrid Marseillaise either..)

Lulu & Jba said...

nan chin, si mon anglais n'est pas trop mauvais, je dirais à la préfecture que tu insultes la marseillaise. Ah ! Ah ! Ah!
Lulu

Lulu & Jba said...

au fait, j'aime beaucoup beaucoup la chambre du bébé. Quel talent !!
Lulu

chinchin said...

ah ah ah.. non non non....

~J'ai deux amours~ Mon Coer et Fran~~CE~~

C'est juste qqe paroles de la marseillaise sont un peu trop (sanglant) pour moins de 12 ans...