I wrote a small message for her family, and for us who know her to remember this great lady.
[.....I still remember the near-ceremonial way she was feeding her two cats: Snuffle and Cegwen. Half the can had to be mixed with a small amount of warm water before putting in some dried cat food, but without soaking it for too long, otherwise the food was loosing all its crunchiness and the cats didn’t like it. Another detail was that tap water had to be kept running because the cats preferred ‘fresh’ water. She was taking care of her pets in every little detail. And, as I gradually realised, that was also just how she was with us. She thought for us first, made sure we were comfortable, and always supported us with her cheerful smiles.
Last time I saw her was at the end of 2005. She was tired from the treatments but her face was glowing with exciting plans for the future. She showed me her notes taken during each medical consultation. She had revised entirely her life style and was sharing with me all her findings. She was ‘studying’ her cancer and told me how much she had learnt from this experience. Tina was the one who was ill, but I was the one who had to be cheered up and encouraged. We hugged goodbye, promising to spend again soon another lazy afternoon chat along the Isis bank or on the
It’s been hard for everyone to see such a brave fighter like her leaving us. Tina was a girl with the kindest heart, full of life. When my son is older, I will tell him the story of this wonderful lady who enjoyed every fragments of her life until the end with her smiles and determined wills......]
1 comment:
Yes. Dad told me. I remember her. Very sad. You have written a very lovely piece here NC. I think her family will appreciate it.
Post a Comment