Pages

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Have you 'Facebooked'?

(something not about Gaston for a change)

A while ago I heard a thing, called 'facebook', apparently, as I was told, it's something hot. Although I was not so keen in registering anymore of these 'networking' gadgets (why should I be networking if I am supposed to raise a demanding child, handle a demanding machine and manage a demanding project, and etc etc etc), I found out a professional society that I am affiliated to has also been on the facebook! All right, so I registered and, as usual, I forgot about it soon after. Today, I got a mail from this 'book,' saying something I don't remember actually, but I clicked away and log on to it. And, that's when I realised, gosh, so many friends/colleagues of mine have registered. And what's more, you can see their friends and their friends' friends and so on and so on until you have met the whole world. What's happening?! Our 'friendship (and its related communication)' needs to be publicized on virtual world? It's a scary book, I must say.....

1 comment:

Arizaphale said...

And mostly a waste of time.