Tuesday, October 10, 2006
What time is it?
In this nowadays e-world, we spend more time on the internet than speaking with real people (although we can 'see' them on line with occasional fancy audio-visio communication). So, I am always more than happy to receive a simple telephone call. Since pregnancy, I started to get phone calls from around the world and that's really nice to hear from these family and friends. Sometimes, these phone calls 'accidentally' arrived at some wee hours in the morning. It was either (1) someone accidentally clicked on our phone number when fooling around the skype software (2) the phone mysterious contacts us by itself (since no one admitted after I retrieved the dialer's number) or (3) time zone confuse. I know we live at the end of the world, but it is unfortunately still on earth and in the same time zone as Paris. That is, if you live in Taiwan, we are 6 hours (or 7 after summer time ends) behind you; if you are in the America, we could be 6, 7, 8, or 9 hours ahead of you, depending where you live. I really don't know if I should laugh with a shrug after running to the phone and hear people asking me, 'What time is it there?' Oh, please kindly spare the precious sleeps of a family with an infant. And please call us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ah yes! I sympathise with you.
Many times I was woken up by Paul who never remembered the time zone!!
And how many hours behind South Australia are you?
and how many behind or ahead of french Polynesia ?? It will be less easy in some days... only 11 hours !
Indeed, time zones are confusing...
here is what i normally go to check it up..
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
Post a Comment